Building Connections is a multi layered resource aimed at supporting the teaching of architecture units as part of the Visual Arts Syllabus Stage 6. It is divided into 3 parts – the frames, conceptual framework and practice, and focuses on the architecture of six art galleries and museums. It explores the connections between architecture and other art forms, investigating ideas and themes through images, text, artmaking activities and links to other information. Two of the galleries are examined in more detail through essays and descriptions of practice, demonstrating how architecture can be considered within broader discussions of the Visual Arts.
The Building Connections resource contains:
- descriptions and analysis of architectural examples and related artworks using the frames as a means of interpretation
- essays that answer questions from past HSC papers focussing on the conceptual framework
- explorations of practice by means of video or interviews
- sample questions from past HSC papers
- artmaking activities
- links to other relevant online resources references to a range of national and international galleries and museums.