2015 Leadership in Sustainability PrizeBy
competitions and awards
Aug. 1, 2014 - Sept. 4, 2014
Leadership in Sustainability Prize
Nominations are now being sought for the 2015 Leadership in Sustainability Prize
Please use the online entry system to enter or to nominate someone you think should be recognised for their contribution to the advancement of sustainability of the built environment.
Entries close Thursday 4 September 2014.
The prize recognises individuals and/or groups demonstrating exceptional leadership and an outstanding contribution to the advancement of sustainability of the built environment. Entrants can be nominated or may apply (self-nominate) for this prize.
Nominations should meet the following criteria:
- creation of and advancement of knowledge through research and education
- development and deployment of effective advocacy and policy
- development and implementation of effective practice
- engagement of industry and the community with this knowledge, advocacy or practice
A statement of excellence addressing one or more of the above criteria.
Curriculum vitae of no more than two A4 pages, which describe the nominee's educational qualifications, relevant, career history and experience.
The name and contact details of a minimum of two nominees, or referees, with declaration of interest.
The jury assessing applications will be appointed by the President on behalf of National Council and comprise of:
- Institute National President or nominee (Chair) – David Karotkin
- Institute National Sustainability Committee Chair – Anthony Nolan
- Prominent practicing architect or academic
- Allied industry or government representative
The prize certificate will be presented to the winner at the Institute's Australian Achievement in Architecture Awards (AAAA) March 2015.
2014 John Macdonald, DesignINC
2013 Daniel Grollo
2012 Prof Rob Adams & the City Design Division
2011 Paul Pholeros, Healthabitat
2010 Tony Arnel
The jury selected John Macdonald from DesignInc in Melbourne as the winner of the 2014 Leadership in Sustainability Prize.
John Macdonald has made an outstanding contribution over the last 35 years in the design and delivery of a wide range of innovative projects that have pushed the boundaries of sustainable design and energy management.
Please see the full citation.
Australian Institute of Architects
(02) 6121 2000