6th Making Cities Liveable Conference, in conjunction with the Sustainable Transformation ConferenceBy
June 17, 2013 - June 19, 2013
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Novotel Melbourne St Kilda
6th Making Cities Liveable Conference, in conjunction with the Sustainable Transformation Conference 2013
The conference is being held from the 17th – 19th June 2013 at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda. The joint conference brings together National, State and Regional delegates to exchange ideas, discuss Business, Government and Community initiatives and examine opportunities in the sector, we hope you will join us.
Two Conferences! Three Days! One Location!
Delegates will have access to an extensive range of topics with over 90 presentations across three days including Keynotes, Concurrent Sessions, Case Studies and Posters.
Day 1: Sustainability - Taking Care of Business: Sustainable Transformation Conference. Concurrent streams and workshops addressing the following themes,
- Successful implementation of sustainable business structures - Tools and Opportunities
- Uncertain playing Field: The Carbon Tax, where to from here
- Not for Profit sector and sustainability
- Recycling and Waste Management
- Transport and Logistics
- Local Government/ Business Leaders and Sustainable Development - Going beyond green
- Energy & Technology
Day 2: Eight keynote presentations of mutual interest to both conferences and two open forums.
Day 3: 6th Making Cities Liveable Conference. Concurrent streams and workshops addressing the following themes,
- Challenges and Solutions: Developing Healthy Cities - Community Health - Healthy Urban Design
- Connecting People and Places – Population growth
- Food Security - Urban Agriculture
- Regional Cities - Interconnectivity - Technology - Transport
- Urban Landscapes - Public Spaces - Natural Resource Management
- Working with Climate Change - Energy Consumption and Generation
- Government, Business Leadership - Education for Behaviour Change
- Registration Brochure (476.9 KB)